Cards supported by hostap

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon May 31 21:18:14 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 05:34:00PM +0530, sankpal_manisha wrote:

> Suppose i want to insert three PCMCIA cards which are prism2/2.5/3 chipset. is this possible using hostap driver?

Yes.

> who handle the no. of devices supported by the device driver ? Is the struct net_device responsible for this?
>
> what is the max no devices the hostap driver can handle?

Host AP driver does not have an explicit limit on the number of cards. I
think the maximum number of devices I have tested is four cards with
hostap_cs and likewise, four with hostap_pci.

The driver uses generic Linux code (PC Card or PCI) for managing the
devices, so the limits should be same as for most other drivers.