Compile hostap-driver 0.2.1

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue May 25 06:29:27 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 02:30:09PM +0200, Ulf Jakobsson wrote:

> I'm trying to compile the driver against the 2.4.19 kernel, but it
> complains about the "list_move"
>
> list_move(&bss->list, &local->bss_list);
>
> in file:
> driver/modules/hostap_80211_rx.c
>
> What should I do if I can't change kernel?

The development branch supports latest 2.4.x and 2.6.x kernels. 2.4.19
cannot really be called latest 2.4.x version.. You will either need to
add backwards conpatibility code for list_move or use Host AP driver
from the stable branch (0.1.x) which supports larger set of kernel
versions. Anyway, I would recommend updating the kernel if you are still
using 2.4.19..