trying to configure a DWL-500

Roberto De Leo deleo
Tue May 18 13:39:19 PDT 2004

Hi Pavel,

> I spent a whole day trying to configure correctly my DWL-500 card
> under Linux (Slackware 9.1) but still something is not working, is
> someone out there using this card successfully?
>
> I haven't used this card, but there are some success stories on the
> web, for instance here:  http://www.raw-io.com/pci_802.11b.html

yes, I know

> Have you searched the web?

thoroughly!

>   Have you tried "irq_mode=0" already?

sure, since the beginning I've been using that option plus some other I
found around, e.g. "pci_csc=0" and booting with  "pci=biosirq", but
nothing really helped.

> You have interrupt problems.

indeed I guessed so, in the PC where everything works fine the card has
been given IRQ 5 and no problem ever showed up, here for some reason I
get IRQ 19 and this odd behaviour. Probably the MB has some quirk? It is
a dual CPU MB, maybe this collides somehow with the Ricoh card?

>   Use "irq_mode=0" as argument for "i82365" module.

the log I reported was obtained using that option and that module  :-(

Bye,
 Roberto