PCI ADAPTER: pcd-rp-101CS

gaurav dawra openapproject
Thu May 13 11:25:07 PDT 2004

Hi

well i read the README file and some of the posting from the pavel roskin ,
which were useful for me to understand the drivers needed to make PCI
adapter working. I still have some questions. I am using pcd-rp-101cs
adapter from carry USA.com and trying it to work under linux 2.4.20 version.
The problem i have facing is that i compiled hostap-driver-0.2.1 and made
the make file which gave me modules hostap.o and hostap_cs.o , i loaded both
modules and i can see them using "lsmod" command. I restart pccmia serivice
it starts without any thing printed on screen. NOT EVEN SAY THAT PCMCIA
SERVICE STARTING( Some problem here or not) . But when i try to do "cardctl
ident" it says that no pcmcia driver in /proc/device, what does that mean.
There is no iwconfig, i also restarted the linux . Also to mention that i
tried the same procedure with hostap-0.0.4.tar.gz but it made three modules
hostap.o, hostap_crypt.o and hostap_cs.o . Can someone please suggest wht am
i doing wrong here. This is kind of important as i am struck in my project.

Thanx in advance.

Gaurav