EAP-TTLS MSCHAPV2

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu May 13 08:37:17 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 10:07:06AM +0300, Stavros Markou wrote:

> Is there a chance that there shall be a version of this supplicant for
> EAP-TTLS with MSCHAPV2 support.

Sure, at some point. My goal is to include support for the most commonly
used authentication mechanisms into wpa_supplicant. I have never really
used EAP-TTLS before, so I just started with one of the combinations
mentioned in the internet draft describing TTLS (i.e., EAP-MD5-Challenge
as the inner auth). If EAP-TTLS-MSCHAPv2 is used commonly, I'll add it
to my to do list. EAP-TTLS-EAP-MSCHAPv2 would have probably been easier
to implement, but hopefully no major extra work is needed for doing
MSCHAPv2 directly without EAP encapsulation in the inner tunnel.