hostapd + peap

jeff pickering jpickering
Tue Mar 30 07:13:52 PST 2004

Im trying to run hostapd with free-radius to authenticate an XP
supplicant using
PEAP. I get the eap state machine to succeed, get a key from the radius
server,
but never get an EAPOL_KEY sent by hostapd. Putting some trace in the
eap key
state machine, I see that sm->auth_key_tx.state is never
AUTH_KEY_TX_KEY_TRANSMIT.
So no key is ever sent.  The possbilities that come to mind are:

- A key should not be sent and hostapd is operating correctly. This
seems unlikely since
  XP waits a few seconds then sends a deauth. (I also have a commercial
AP that sends a key).
- My hostapd.conf is somehow incorrect.
- There is something about PEAP that is different from other EAP methods
described in the hostapd
   README as being tested.

Of course I could be missing something....

Does anyone have any experience with PEAP or have any ideas I could try
(coding included) ?

Regards,
Jeff