Information request about hostapd with OSX

Chris Evans cwevans
Sun Mar 28 06:51:01 PST 2004

On Mar 28, 2004, at 12:30 AM, Peter wrote:

> well, without username/password you can't authenticate against a radius
> server.

Actually, I did try on my laptop typing in a username and password.  It
seemed
to get stuck in a loop, every few minutes it would pop up in the menu
bar,
saying it was trying to authenticate.

> p.s.: if you click yourself through the advanced wireless options in
> xp,
> you should find a checkbox with some text like "always send my
> login/password to authenticate"

And the radius server will ignore the XP username and passwords that
are sent?
Because I never configured it with the accounts they created.  In the
radius logs
I just get mention of the X.509 certificates I installed on their
laptops.
--
      ___
  "-.|___|        _.( T   )  `  /      | cwevans at acm.org
.+|______|__.-||__)`-'(((/  (((/      |  "Any technology distinguishable
                                       |  from magic, is not advanced
   Nika plays with a computer mouse    |  enough" -- Gregory Benford
       BY: Mike Rosulek                |
          http://showcase.netins.net/web/mikewrld/ascii/