newest firmware for prism 2 cards (1.7.1 runs weird)

jar at pcuf.fi jar
Sat Mar 20 05:09:13 PST 2004

> Well, I was wondering if anybody else has experienced similar problems and
> if there is a newer version for old cards or we should stay with 1.5.6 :-?

Yes. I have tested the 1.7.1 ram version. At least the link quality,
signal and noise level values reported by hostap driver and iwconfig seem
to be totally useless. They seem to be random numbers. It is hard to e.g.
draw mrtg graphs by using those numbers. At the moment I use the 1.5.6
version.

I didn't notice any differences in transfer speeds between 1.5.6 and 1.7.1.

Best Regards, Jar