wpa_supplicant, atheros and .1x problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Jun 23 20:30:56 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 05:36:54PM +0100, Andy wrote:

> I've also noticed that using wpa_supplicant, 802.1x reauthentication
> (initiated by the AP with an identity request) doesn't work with my Prism
> (hostap) card (as reported earlier this week) but does work correctly with
> the Atheros cards.  In my instance, there are no messages of any kind
> printed when the AP sends the identity request, as though the Prism card has
> dropped the frame or never passed it on.

This is likely because of the driver dropping the unencrypted EAP
Request Identity packet. Could you please test whether 'iwpriv wlan0
ieee_802_1x 1' would fix this? The driver does not pass unencrypted
EAPOL packets by default and this iwpriv command changes the behavior
for these packets. I should probably change wpa_supplicant to configure
this or just remove the parameter and hardcode the driver to always
assume this is enabled..