Only ad-hoc although in master mode?

Patrick Koffler bugreport
Tue Jun 22 03:45:20 PDT 2004

Hi everybody

I just installed my Netgear MA311 with hostap on my Suse 9.1 machine.
Installation went fine: patched the kernel (2.6.54) and installed the driver

iwconfig shows two network interfaces: wifi0 and wlan0. If I change an
option i.e. <iwconfig wlan0 mode master>, wifi0 is changed too - I think
this is correct. But the problem is that if I start master mode the card is
only seen as an ad-hoc device by other wlan devices. All the changes with
iwconfig throw no errors and with Suse 8.1 all went fine.

Thanks for any help

	Patrick