Wireless <--> Wireless Bridge

Bryan Cromwell bcromwell
Mon Jun 21 10:17:46 PDT 2004

Let me start by saying I think I have read that this doesn't work, but
I am look for a workaround and/or verification that what I am
attempting is not possible (yet)

Wlan Client   ----> Wlan0 (hostap in master) Bridged to Wlan1 (in
Managed mode) --> RemoteAP ---> Ethernet.
System:
Ibm Laptop w/ 2 dwl-650 wireless nics running Redhat FC2

I have have a connection on both nics:
Wlan1 side can ping the internet via the "remoteap"
"Client Laptop" can talk to Wlan0

It appears that the client does a arp request that appears to come in
wlan0 and out wlan1 but I never see any arp replies, I tried a static
arp also and that didn't seam to help either.

I am I missing something or does this not currently work due to
framing issues??

Thanks
Bryan