wpa_supplicant and rekeying, dynamic WEP

Sam Leffler sam
Mon Jun 21 09:01:54 PDT 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 08:50 am, AP-Research wrote:
> <quote who="Zdenek Pizl">

> >> If you have the first authentication working, rekeying is supposed to
> >> work. However, I have to admit I have not tested this at all. I will
> >> need to do some more testing to find out what could be causing this.
> >
> > I assume this is an issue according to the iwconfig output:
>
> <snip>
>
> >           Encryption key:110C-17E6-70   Security mode:open
>
> <snip>
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe when security mode is OPEN then no
> encryption takes place... even if a key is specified.

WPA requires open auth so that isn't an issue.

The original poster should enable debugging in wpa_supplicant with the -d
option and check the log msgs to see if rekeying is happening and/or if
there's a problem during the re-key.

	Sam