a lot of errors making hostap

AP-Research HostAP-Research
Tue Jun 15 14:56:42 PDT 2004

<quote who="Utin Mikhail A CONT NPRI">
> Hi,
>
> I am returning to compiling issue of hostap.
>
> I installed FC2 kernel version 2.6.5-1.358 (not upgraded to anything to
> save some time).
>
> Then I flowed recommendations from "HostAP driver installation notes...
>
> 1.	created link /usr/src/linux to ./linux-2.6.5-1.358
> 2.	removed "custom" from EXTRAVERSION=
> 3.	make mrproper
> 4.	copied config file from /boot to /usr/src/linux using recommended
command

...all this is the same for 2.4 and 2.6 Kernels, however the following
should be replaced with a single "make" command when compiling against 2.6
Kernels.

> 5.	make oldconfig
> 6.	make dep  This generated a Warning (not sure exactly, but ...)
... dep's a deprecated make option for 2.6 Kernels.  Without a successful
"make" the following HostAP compile will probably fail.

> 7.	in my home dir I un-tared the driver file hostap-driver-0.2.2
> 8.	make clean    was OK
> 9.	make   generated A LOT of errors like:
>
> error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type (A LOT)
>
> error: syntax error before "u16"
>
> error: storage size of ...isn't known (A LOT)

...these could be caused by above errs.

--
Regards
KC Ferguson