new /usr/src directory?

AP-Research HostAP-Research
Mon Jun 14 12:44:10 PDT 2004

<quote who="Utin Mikhail A CONT NPRI">
> I decide to go from scratch with FC2, with all updates. It also includes
new kernel 2.6.6-1.427. When I went to /usr/src to check it and to create
> links, and following to prepare kernel source (as it was
advised).However,
> I did not find new directory corresponding to new kernel number, as I
got
> when I updated FC1. So, I do not have a place to copy config file from
/boot, and get the /usr/src/linux link.

Up2Date/yum/whatever failed to get the packages matching kernel* including
the kernel-source*.rpm.

Looks like the naming schema for kernel-source-version.rpm changed
slightly with the latest round of updates.   Look for:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/2/i386/kernel-sourcecode-2.6.6-1.427.noarch.rpm

--
Regards
from maxrack.net