WPA Supplicant

Skerb1 skerb1
Sun Jun 13 14:57:29 PDT 2004

Hi...
I am using WPA Supplicant 0.2.2
I have a D-Link DI-624 with firmware 2.42
and a Broadcom BCM94306 using the Linuxant Driverloader

Anyway I can connect to my access point just fine using WPA-TKIP when I
have the BROADCAST SSID enabled on my AP.  However whenever I disable
the BROADCAST SSID setting I can no longer connect to my AP in Linux.  I
can connect just fine with the BROADCAST SSID disabled in WinXP.

I am not sure what is wrong, but I would like to connect to my AP with
the BROADCAST SSID disabled for obvious security reasons.  Any ideas
would be appreciated.

Here is how I am calling it:

ifconfig eth1 up
wpa_supplicant -B -c myconfig.conf -i eth1
dhcpcd eth1

Here is a copy of my wpa_supplicant config file:

network={
     ssid="myssid"
     psk=abcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcd
}