hostap driver make error

AP-Research HostAP-Research
Tue Jun 8 18:16:50 PDT 2004

<quote who="Utin Mikhail A CONT NPRI">
> Thanks a lot!
> I've done as you wrote, and it looks like I did not get problems until
> tried to make hostap. I got two errors in make output:

<snip>

> In file included from hostap_wlan.h:6,
>                  from hostap.c:38:
> hostap_compat.h:181: redefinition of `free_netdev'
> /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl/include/linux/netdevice.h:877:
> `free_netdev' previously defined here
> In file included from hostap_wlan.h:6,
>                  from hostap.c:38:

This issue has been seen before when compiling against Redhat 2.4 kernels.
  They apparently back-ported some stuff from 2.5 into their 2.4
releases...

See my completely-informal-run-through with Fedora Core 1 and HostAP at:
http://www.rescunet.com/hostap_research/

Fedora Core 2 installs with HostAP CVS have been flawless on my Toshiba
Satellite 5205-S703 with SMC2532W-B!!!! (albeit the on-board WiFi NIC is
Hermes :()  I will be including another completely-informal-run-through
when I get done with my diagnostics :evil-grin: of hostapd!!

(WOW what a great piece of code!)

PS
Please "Reply-To-List" so everyone will benefit from our experiences...
--
Regards
from RescuNET.com