Help please - No WPA/RSN

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Jun 6 10:18:04 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 06:42:00PM +1200, Ron Segal wrote:

> Have installed configured hostapd 0.2.1 (hostap-driver also 0.2.1).
> Configured key on server in hostapd.conf (other settings look ok wap=1
> etc). The XP client sofware enables me to select WPA-PSK with TKIP and
> configure a corresponding key.
>
> Each time I try to connect from client I get:
>
> 'No WPA/RSN IE in association request'

Have you verified that the WinXP client works with other APs that use
WPA? It looks like the WinXP driver did not include WPA IE in the
association request even though it was configured for WPA. Which driver
version are you using in the client? Are you using the integrated WinXP
wireless zero config code or a vendor-specific WPA Supplicant?