Managed mode on rate 5.5Mbit - problem

Miloš Šrámek mumu
Fri Jun 4 11:32:21 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I'am using two hostap based router.
First with hostap 0.1.3 in master mode.
Second with hostap 0.1.3 but in managed mode.
Cards ZCOMAX XI-626 fw.1.7.4.

When I set on both sides: iwconfig wlan0 rate 2Mbit all is working OK.
But when I set on both sides: iwconfig wlan0 rate 5.5Mbit, interface
wlan0 on first router has all TX packets in error (view with ifconfig)
Router distance is very small ... few meters, no interference.

// TX packets:2850 errors:2823 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                                 ^^^^^^^

I tested other adapter (orinoco card, dlink card) it worked on rate
5.5mbit OK and communication to hostap in master mode was right, no
error.

How to set the card based on PRISM fw1.7.4 in managed mode to work on
rate 5.5Mbit ??

Thanks for help.