eap-tls, hostapd with XP client and linux client

Ulf Jakobsson fluffe
Fri Jun 4 08:06:51 PDT 2004

>> I tested to select the option "WEP keys are delivered automatically"
>> and then the xp client behaved and did not disconnect.
>> So, it seems that the WIFI driver in the xp client is forcing me to
>> use this option...
>

> Well, I probably concluded wrong things from hostapd/README.  When I
> added the wep_key_len_unicast = 13 everything worked just fine.

To clarify things a bit more!
(I also had to add wep_key_len_broadcast = 13)

These options:
wep_key_len_unicast = 13
wep_key_len_broadcast = 13
are needed for some xp clients (at least mine). This could indicate that
the xp WIFI driver doesn't care about "WEP keys are delivered
automatically" at all...

Ulf