Help in installing HOSTAP driver
Wed Jul 28 03:42:25 PDT 2004
Hi Utin , Ferguson,
Thanks a lot for your help. I downloaded the hostap driver and built it.
I modifed the config and the hostap_cs.conf file with my card info
card "Lucent Technologies". "WaveLAN/IEEE" , "Version 01.01", ""
manfid: 0X0156, 0X0002
But the interface waln0 never shows up in iwconfig.
I did the following.
1. Built the kernel:
- copied /boot/config to /usr/src/linux/.config.
- make old_config
- make bzImage
- make modules
- make modules_install
- copied image to /boot
- modified grub.conf.
2. I did the following to install hostap-driver:
- make clean
- make install.
when I rebooted the wlan0 never showed up in iwconfig.
1. I think we have to load the wireless firmware. How do we do it ??.
Have I missed anything ??.. why is the wlan0 interface not showing up ??
Thanks so much for your help.
----- Original Message -----
From: Utin Mikhail A CONT NPRI
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 11:16 PM
Subject: RE: Help in installing HOSTAP driver
You can take a look on my two docs related to these issues.
From: navaneeth [mailto:navaneeth at handlink.com.tw]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 9:16 PM
To: hostap at shmoo.com
Subject: Help in installing HOSTAP driver
I have a linux 2.6.5-1.358 kernel. I got the hostap driver and hostap supplicant code from the hostap website.
I think the hostap supplicant code runs in user space. So I have compiled and built it.
I am confused about how to install the hostap driver.
1. Where should I copy this code (in usr/src/linux/drivers/net/wireless ??)
2. Then after doing make and make install, when I try to build the image, I get error saying that there is no rule to build hostap.o. I guess I have to change the makefile for this.
I am a new bee with linux. Can anyone help me or point me to a document.
The document in hostap is a bit complex for me. Any other help guide for installing hostap driver and setting up the environment.
Any pointers are greatly appreciated.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Hostap