Followup on a DWL-520 issue

Leonardo Pereira Santos lsantos
Fri Jan 30 03:05:23 PST 2004

You could switch from

/sbin/rmmod hostap_pci
/sbin/rmmod hostap_crypt_wep
/sbin/rmmod hostap

lsmod | grep hostap | awk '{print $1}' | xargs /sbin/rmmod

Just my two cents.... :)

Cheers! And thanks for the great driver, Jouni!

On Thursday 29 January 2004 01:18, Jerry wrote:
> > mrcool, would you mind posting at least portions of your script so that
> > some of us can start unloading our drivers?  While i'm starting to get
> > the hang of this, i'm still not all that familiar with prism2_srec
> > enough to unload the drivers
>
> this is my stop script::
>
> #!/bin/sh
> /sbin/ifconfig TWI0 down
> /usr/local/sbin/brctl delif TWI0 wlan0
> /sbin/ifconfig wlan0 down
> /sbin/rmmod hostap_pci
> /sbin/rmmod hostap_crypt_wep
> /sbin/rmmod hostap
> #
>
> TWI0 is the bridge created that is the AP.  in most cases i use routing,
> but i wanted everything on the same subnet.  So, i bring the bridge
> interface down, remove the wlan0 interface from it, bring the wlan0
> interface down, then rmmod the drivers in the reverse of the loading...
>
> Pavel, you mentioned about trying 1.7.4, well, this IS using 1.7.4,
> already, infact:
>
> DWL520E1 (pci): pm010102.hex    rf010704.hex
>
> are the correct firmware images to laod to make the PCI CARD usable.   But
> i think the DWL650P1 (pcmcia) same images without problems... ill verify
> that tomorrow.
> I havent tried with a more recent copy of the CVS (this is 1/9/04), but i
> may tomorrow, same with the pccard...
>
> Good luck all.
>
> Jerryf

- --
This is Linux country.
On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.

Leonardo Pereira Santos
Engenheiro de Projetos
PD3 Tecnologia
av. Par? 330/202
(51) 3337 1237

Today Fortune tells us:
Love isn't only blind, it's also deaf, dumb, and stupid.