Followup on a DWL-520 issue

Pavel Roskin proski
Tue Jan 27 14:46:41 PST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, mrcool at stupidgamerz.com wrote:

> Well, i have found that if you unload the hostap drivers BEFORE you reboot,
> it will work properly after a reboot...  Im thinking that (some?) of the
> firmware remains and the bios cant recognize it then... I created a shutdown
> script to bring the bridge down,  then the interface, and finally unload the
> drivers.  And this seems to work fine.

I wonder if you are using secondary firmware 1.8.0 with PDR 0x0413
removed.  Could you please try version 1.7.4 instead?  I have a gut
feeling that it's related.  Maybe prism2_srec should actually plug the
card memory if the PDR is outside the address range of the firmware.

Also it would be interesting to see what happens if you don't load the
firmware or don't complete the sequence, i.e. if only primary firmware is
loaded once or twice.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin