/proc/net/wireless not updating

AthlonRob AthlonRob
Thu Jan 22 17:02:24 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 06:26, Michael Kebe wrote:

> seems like /proc/net/wireless is not updating unless iwconfig is
> executed. For example the monitor software wavemon uses this and it very
> annoying always to update manually...

Good catch on iwconfig updating it!  Whenever /proc/net/wireless is
polled on my system, I get this in my syslog:

Jan 22 17:00:46 dell kernel: wlan0: hostap_get_wireless_stats() called
while atomic - skipping signal quality query

iwconfig actually does update /proc/net/wireless, though... so at least
now I can manually update my gkrellm display!

Rob