D-link DWL-520 not 520+

Erick Del Orbe derickito
Tue Jan 20 20:41:33 PST 2004

Well thanks a lot all of you,

  The revision I have is D, it seems I have to go w/ the Realtek drivers,
the funny thing is that when I looked at the windows driver files they were
named:

  NETPRISM.inf
  PRISMNDS.sys
  PRISMUSB.sys
  prismnic.cat

that may or may not mean anything, but the fact is that the Realtek drivers
actually load, the problem I'm having w/ that driver is setting it's
parameters like channel an oprate(1mps,5mps,11mps).  When I use iwpriv to
set it, it doesn't give me an error, but it doesn't change.  I also tried
iwconfig wlan0 commit and they still didn't change.  I can change the SSID,
but that's the only change that'll show up in /proc. Oh well thank you for
the confirmation at least I don't have to keep trying the hostap driver.

P.S. - I don't know if this is the proper way to reply so that'll showup on
the mailing list let me know if I did something wrong.