Master-Mode not working

Stefan Krecher stefan
Tue Jan 13 16:39:19 PST 2004

Hello,

i'm trying to setup hostap on a Debian-Box with Kernel 2.4.19.
The WLAN-Adapter is a Linksys WPC11 Ver. 3 (Prism 3), with firmware:
wlan0: NIC: id=0x801b v1.0.0
wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.0
wlan0: STA: id=0x1f v1.4.2
The WPC11 is a PCMCIA-Card i plugged into a PCI-Adapter.

The hostap-driver works fine in managed-mode, when I associate with
another access-point (with or without wep).
When I switch to master-mode to act as an access-point, neither Win XP
nor Mac OS X Notebooks recognize the Debian-Box as an access-point.
Sniffers on both Notebooks say there would be a WLAN-Card in
ad-hoc-mode.

Any ideas, somebody?

regards,
Stefan

--
GPG pub-key fingerprint = 2E77 C256 47B1 27B8 AE07  94BE D7A1 2A3C C716 2BE9
GPG public key: http://krecher.de/pubkey.asc          ICQ #84067348

        Trouble with Windows? Reboot! - Trouble with linux? Be root!