Wireless distribution system support in driver

sankpal_manisha sankpal_manisha
Mon Jan 12 04:02:46 PST 2004

Hello everybody,

            IEEE 802.11 standard talks about the managment entities like station mgmt and MAC sublayer entity.

where these entities reside and what are their functions? Does the hostap driver includes these entities or functions of these entities?

why the MAC frame size is restricted to 2012 bytes in 802.11?

Can I set up a WDS using the hostap and Cisco 1200 series Access Point? Or the formation of WDS requires two hostap driver enabled AP?

Please help me out of my questions..................

Thanks and regards,

manisha sankpal

[Beta] HelpClick onthe image to chat with me