problem with downing wlan's

Steve Morris morris
Sun Jan 11 06:24:46 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:18:40AM +0100, Vaclav Dvorak wrote:
> Jiri Fojtasek <jiri.fojtasek at hlohovec.net> wrote:

> >I have this problem in one box where i using bridge with ebtables patch
> >and imq device. I have found that this is imq device related problem. It
> >sometimes forgot to use dev_put() after dev_hold(). What is your setup ?
>
> I am not using the IMQ device, nor the bridge, much less ebtables. The
> kernel is not patched with anything.

I am having similar problems with kernel 2.6.[01] and hostap-driver-0.1.2.

Here's my down script:

#!/bin/sh
/etc/init.d/dhcp3-server stop
ifconfig wlan0 down
rmmod hostap_crypt_wep
rmmod hostap_pci
rmmod hostap

after I run rmmod hostap_pci I get a 'Segmentation fault' and while my
machine is still running, trying to do 'lsmod' just hangs.

moe:/usr/local/src/hostap# rmmod hostap_pci
Segmentation fault
moe:/usr/local/src/hostap# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by

I'll be happy to generate some debug info if someone can tell me what
they need and how to do it.

Steve