[CVS] Association problem after AP restart (WITHOUT HOSTAPD)

Michael Guntsche mike
Thu Jan 8 04:26:23 PST 2004

Hi,

A while ago I wrote about a problem I had with CVS and the computer I
use as hostAP master.

	http://sisyphus.iocaine.com/pipermail/hostap/2003-December/005057.html

I tried todays CVS and the problem is still there.

Short description (see the mail archive link for more info):

If I restart the Master machine, restarting only the client works, my
client does not reconnect to the AP and I get a whole bunch of

	wifi0: LinkStatus=6 (Association failed)
	wifi0: LinkStatus: BSSID=44:44:44:44:44:44

in the clients syslog.
If I then restart the client it starts working again.
This doesn't happen if hostapd is running on the master machine.

If someone needs more information just tell me.

Thanks in advance,
Michael