management frames

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Feb 25 19:40:54 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 01:56:33PM +0100, nicomitch at yahoo.fr wrote:

> I'm trying to understand the hostap-driver-0.1.3.
> I read that the firmware passes all management frames
> to the host.

That's not correct. Probe Requests are not available for the host
driver.

> MessageType 4 in Status Field of the Receive
> Descriptor is set to allox the host software to
> identify and process received management frames.

Yes, that was the way the driver used to work, but then one of the
firmware versions seemed to have a bug which did not mark the frames
correctly and I had to start using the frame control field in the IEEE
802.11 header for this.