beginner with d-link dwl 520 rev e

Andrew Barr barr.156
Wed Feb 25 13:31:35 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 18:56, dunk2000 at eircom.net wrote:
> [root at carputer root]# prism2_srec -gpi wlan0 /tmp/wireles_rpms/firm/primary/pm010102.hex

Try taking the i out of your options. It's not necessary.

I notice the folder you have stored your firmware in is called
'wireles_rpms'. Does this mean you used a HostAP RPM? If you did, you
probably want to get the source code and build it yourself. I know that
stable release 0.1.2 does not have firmware downloading capability, but
stable release 0.1.3 or development release 0.2.0 might. I have one of
these cards in another computer and I used a development CVS snapshot to
build the driver. That was before 0.1.3 and 0.2.0 became available,
though. Firmware downloading may be available in either of these
releases. Can someone confirm this?

--
Regards,
Andrew Barr

/usr/games/fortune says:
Uncle Ed's Rule of Thumb:
	Never use your thumb for a rule.  You'll either hit it with a
hammmer or get a splinter in it.