wpa_supplicant problem with EAP

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Feb 23 06:20:40 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 01:01:08PM +0200, daniel escartin EXCHANGE03_VirtYH04 wrote:

> I'm trying to authenticate my  wpa_supplicant in Linux Red Hat 9.0
> and Kernel 2.4.20-8 join with xsupplicant againts one cisco-ap and RADIUS
> server, in my case I tried to work with PreShared key and I was
> successful, but now I'm trying with EAP authentication, I got work with
> this,but know I get next error:

Which error? I did not see any error messages in the log files you sent.

> [root at test-radius root]# xsupplicant -i wlan0 -c /etc/xsupplicant.conf
> Authenticated!

IEEE 802.1X part is completed.

> Processing EAPoL-Key!
> WPA EAPOL-Key - ignoring it
> Processing EAPoL-Key!
> WPA EAPOL-Key - ignoring it
> Processing EAPoL-Key!
> WPA EAPOL-Key - ignoring it

Three EAPOL-Key frames for wpa_supplicant. That would match with normal
WPA handshake, so everything looks fine.

> This is RADIUS log:

This did not seem to include everything, but since IEEE 802.1X
authentication was successful, I assume everything went fine. Getting
full wpa_supplicant debug log would be useful. The one you sent did not
seem to match with this attempt; I did not see those three WPA EAPOL-Key
frames in it.