hostap driver works with Linksys WCF11?

Pavel Roskin proski
Mon Feb 16 16:31:56 PST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Sangho Shin wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> I know that Linksys WCF11 cards is using prism2 chipset. But, I cannot
> make it work with hostap driver in Zaurus. Have anybody succeeded? In
> the hostap_cs.conf file, the entry for only Linksys WCF12 exists.  Only
> WCF12 works with hostap?

Most likely nobody bothered to add WCF11 to the hostap_cs.conf file.  Run
"cardctl ident" and you'll see the identification strings and numbers.
Add this information to hostap_cs.conf and restart cardmgr.  If it works,
please send the output of "cardctl ident" to the mailing list.

linux-wlan-ng knows Linksys WCF11, although it's probably a newer revision
than your card (if it actually uses Prism2 chipset):

card "Linksys WCF11 11Mbps 802.11b WLAN Card (Prism 2.5)"
  version "The Linksys Group, Inc.", "Wireless Network CF Card", "ISL37300P", "RevA"
  bind "prism2_cs"

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin