(no subject)

Pavel Roskin proski
Sun Feb 15 18:03:44 PST 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Kalyan Ram Chintalapati wrote:

> Gurus,
>
> Sorry for spamming! But, thought giving you the complete "dmesg" output
> would help.

Don't worry, it's not spamming.  Exact messages are often more useful than
short (and possibly incorrect) interpretations of them.

> I'm using a D-Link DWL-650 Air RevP and SuSE 9.0 with 2.4.21-166. I've
> downloaded hostap-driver-0.1.3.tar.gz over the weekend and tried to install
> the same.

Versions 0.1.x don't support cards without primary firmware.  Use the CVS
version from the HEAD (development) branch.

> hostap_cs: index 0x01: Vcc 5.0, irq 3, io 0x0880-0x08ff
> hostap_cs: Registered netdevice wlan0
> prism2_hw_init()
> hostap_cs: card initialization timed out

This indicates missing primary firmware.

> wlan0 unsupported ioctl(0x8946)

This is a harmless warning.  It indicates missing ethtool support.  It's
also fixed in the CVS version.

The rest are warnings resulting from missing primary firmware.

> Can anyone enlighten me on what the potential problem here is and how I
> can fix it (If I can)?

Get the CVS version for now.  I hope that 0.2.0 will be released soon.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin