Power management: how to test it?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Feb 11 19:12:12 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 03:59:33PM +0100, kala_maico at tiscali.it wrote:

> I updated firmware (RAM download) to 1.7.4 and Power Management works.
> It seems it's not implemented at all in 1.3.5 and 1.3.6

That's a known issue. However, I'm not sure whether the issue is in
driver doing something incorrect or the older firmware versions just not
working. I tried to figure out what could be wrong, but couldn't find
any errors in the driver. Once I noticed that power saving works with
new firmware versions, I have more or less ignored this issue with old
versions.

> Only the "multicast" issue is still unresolved (there's a switch statement
> in hostap_ioctl.c in which the options "all" and "unicast" are included
> but there's no reference to "multicast"....I guess it' s the place where
> the command
> is issued to the card)

So, what are you trying to configure? I can understand configuration
items "all" and "unicast", but I see no point in "multicast". I have no
plans on adding support for this unless someone can convince me that it
is useful for something. And even in that case, it would require that
the Prism2 would be configured to receive all frames and software filter
unicast frames in the driver..