packet injection questions

Gunter Burchardt gbur
Tue Feb 10 09:01:01 PST 2004

> Hello,
>
> I tried what you suggested. Both with hostapd mode enabled or disabled,
> the card sends out a Beacon frame every 4.3 secs (approximated) . Does anyone
> know if all those behaviours depend on card firmware?

A short look at the sources of the firmware says that this behaviour is
implemented in the cards firmware. The value of beacon_int is written
directly to a hardware-register. Until now i didn't found any
possibility to supress beacons via the driver. You should look at the
sources by your self. Perhaps you have more luck.

On other accesspoints i saw a possibility to hide them (you cant see
the ssid). But not on prism-cards :-/