DWL-650 rev. P with Xsupplicant

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Feb 9 13:46:47 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 03:03:29PM -0500, Andrew Barr wrote:

> (several EAP types work) with dynamic WEP to authorize users. The laptop is
> Centrino. While I have been able to use my home network with the ndiswrapper
> project, things aren't looking good for using Xsupplicant with it.

wpa_supplicant works with Linuxant wrapper, but unfortunately, I'm not
aware of an open source NDIS wrapper that would support such
configuration. Maybe some day..

> going to look into buying a wireless PC Card. My question is: given the
> relative success that has been had with the DWL-520 rev. E, is there any
> reason to think that I could not replicate the same success with a DWL-650
> rev. P? And, given the way these cards (the 520E and 650P) are being used
> with HostAP, is there any reason to think that Xsupplicant won't work with
> them?

I'm using Host AP driver with D-Link DWL-650 Rev. P1 in client mode with
wpa_supplicant and xsupplicant. I have only used WPA and have not tested
xsupplicant alone (i.e., IEEE 802.1X), but I see no reason why it
wouldn't work.