Kernel Patches?

Ryan Verner xfesty
Mon Feb 2 22:37:40 PST 2004

On 03/02/2004, at 4:52 PM, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> But it's working already!  No changes are needed.  Did you try the
> patch
> at all?  It will give you bad karma if you assume that something is
> broken
> without trying it.  Other people put efforts to make things not to
> break
> over time, and you are assuming their failure without taking minimal
> efforts to test your assumption.  If you tried to apply that patch and
> it
> didn't work, then you should have mentioned that.

I did attempt to patch it, but it was against an already patched
kernel, so some things probably conflicted.  Apologies if this is the
case, and good work, that's pretty damn impressive if a patch that old
is still valid; I assumed wrong.

> Granted, you get some "fuzz", but it's all safe.  It's easy to make a
> diff
> and look at it.  The clean patch for Linux 2.4.24 is attached, but I
> don't
> insist on putting it on CVS.  hostap-linux-2.4.20.patch is fine, except
> that a few minor warnings can scare some users and provoke threads like
> this one.

Ta.  I certainly got more than just "fuzz", though, but this may have
been my own fault.

--

Signature space for rent.