Only works if I use particular command line options.

Brande brande
Mon Dec 27 02:21:04 PST 2004

Nigel Cunningham wrote:

>Hi.
>
>On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 15:53, Jouni Malinen wrote:
>

>>On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 02:23:49PM +1100, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
>>

>>>My problem now is getting it to work in a bridge configuration. At the
>>>moment, my little test script looks like:
>>>

>>>                brctl addbr br0
>>>                ifconfig eth0 up
>>>                ifconfig ath0 up
>>>                ifconfig br0 up
>>>                brctl addif br0 ath0
>>>                brctl addif br0 eth0
>>>

>>This is not going to work.. IEEE 802.11 protocol does not support layer
>>2 bridging for a device that is in Managed mode because clients can only
>>transmit packets with their own address as the source MAC address.
>>

>Okay. The only solution is to use masquerading instead?
>
>Thanks and regards,
>
>Nigel

proxy arp might also help and some people thing there might be a
possibility with a special firmware for prism based cards oder you need
a complete version of the hcf library which controls every function of
the card and also allows accessing the card?s RAM. To get this full
version Lucent wants to know that it will be a financial win for them,
also you have to sign an NDA. So be sure that you won?t most probably
get access to this peace of software until Lucent does not change its
mind in this (which I doubt never will happen).
Another answer I've got was:
Tunnel your traffic through a virtual tunnel like cipe or vtun.  Vtun's
probably the easiest way to do it.
IP routing and WDS could also help maybe there is also a possibility
using the bridge filters but I have no idea how.

If you solve the problem please let me know how;)

Have fun,
    Brande