wpa_supplicant / ndiswrapper / Dell WLAN 1450 / Slackware

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Dec 26 19:05:43 PST 2004

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 06:47:44PM -0800, Philip H. Schlesinger wrote:

> I'm confused.  Which parameters would I need to configure for ap_scan=2
> for NDISwrapper support to connect to my D-Link 614+, other than what's
> in my network block right now:
>
> ssid="<ssid name>"
> scan_ssid=1
> key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
> psk="<PSK>"
>
> Do you mean I need to add one or both of the following:
>
> pairwise=TKIP
> group=TKIP

Yes, both of those and in addition, proto=WPA. In other words, the full
list would be ssid, key_mgmt, pairwise, group, and proto. Other
parameters, like psk, are of course also needed based on the selected
key management mechanism.

When using ap_scan=1, wpa_supplicant determines these automatically, but
for ap_scan=2, scan results are not available for this. Some drivers,
like ndiswrapper, need to get matching security policy for association
to succeed.