ipw2100 + WPA-PSK link dies if not used

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Dec 26 09:07:04 PST 2004

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 01:57:05PM +0100, Szymon Juraszczyk wrote:

> Dec 26 13:47:05 szj kernel: ipw2100: U ipw2100_hang_check eth1: Hardware
> quiet.  Kicking.
>
>   After that WPA-PSK link does not work any longer. Is there anything
> that could be done about it? By the way is it possible that
> wpa_supplicant could handle such situations and recover automatically
> after such situation?

Not really. This sounds like a clear driver bug and I do not want to
make wpa_supplicant any more complex by adding workarounds for this kind
of issue. The driver should be fixed or at least the workaround in the
driver code should generate a disassociation event if it does not
configure firmware back to the state it was in before (i.e., working WPA
connection in this case).