Adapter first found, then ignored in 2.6.10rc3?

Bram Stolk bram
Thu Dec 23 10:26:06 PST 2004

Hello,

hostap_pci has worked for me, quite some time, including
with the 2.6.8.1 kernel.

I recently upgraded to 2.6.10-rc3, because my webcam needs
this kernel.

Now, hostap_pci does not work anymore.
What is *very strange* is that the driver first claims
to have found a device, but later on decides nothing
was found, and it de-installs the driver.

This is with the latest hostap version (2.5).

See my dmesg log:

hostap_pci: Registered netdevice wifi0
wifi0: Original COR value: 0x0
prism2_hw_init: initialized in 197 ms
wifi0: NIC: id=0x8013 v1.0.0
wifi0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.0.7
wifi0: STA: id=0x1f v1.3.6
wifi0: defaulting to host-based encryption as a workaround for firmware
bug in Host AP mode WEP
wifi0: defaulting to bogus WDS frame as a workaround for firmware bug in
Host AP mode WDS
wifi0: Intersil Prism2.5 PCI: mem=0xd7001000, irq=3
wifi0: registered netdevice wlan0
hostap_pci: No devices found, driver not installed.

   Bram Stolk