802.1x-MD5 test faild

wayne warren001
Mon Dec 20 15:56:03 PST 2004

Hi,
        I've downloaded 0.3.2 to test, but it seems that the wep key
        does not set to the driver when using 802.1x-md5.
        Does the profile need special care ?

network={
 ssid="test"
 key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
 scan_ssid=1
 eap=MD5
 identity="wayne at DEMO"
 password="1234"
 eapol_flags=0
 wep_key1="1234567890"
 wep_tx_keyidx=1
}

Regards,
Wayne

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 10:14:04AM +0800, wayne wrote:

>         Finally got 802.1x-MD5 work.
>         After authorized by the server, I need to enter the wep key
>         manually. Then the ping test will be ok.
>         It seems that the wpa supplicant can't set the wep key to the drive
>         when using 802.1x.
>         Can't wpa supplicant set the wep key to the driver if
>         user set the config file to use wep key ?

This was not supported for IEEE 802.1X mode; static WEP keys could only
be configured when using key_mgmt=NONE. I changed wpa_supplicant to
allow static WEP keys configured also for IEEE 802.1X mode, assuming
eapol_flags=0, i.e., dynamic WEP keys are not used.