how to send frames in ad-hoc mode?

Leonardo Maccari maccari-thisaintpartofmyaddress-
Mon Dec 20 07:37:27 PST 2004

I'm trying to make WPA work in ad-hoc mode, hacking the code, but I'm
going reeeally slow.. and need some help.

does this work in ad-hoc mode?

	if (wpa_driver_wext_set_bssid(drv->wext, params->bssid) < 0)
		ret = -1;

if I understood well,  the hostap_send_eapol function of hostapd (which
works in master mode) formats the whole packet, with headers, then passes
it to the card. wpa_eapol_send in wpa_supplicant otherwise, just formats
a normal ethernet frame, then passes it to the socket, which means that
the firmware iself adds 802.11 headers, according to configurations done.
but if I put the card in ad-hoc (pseudo_ibss) mode the
wpa_driver_wext_set_bssid() function doesn't seem to work, and the packet
is sent withouth bssid. which function should I use to set it?

ciao,
leonardo.

--
   Key fingerprint = 3129 C583 F03B 2E73 0115  C040 3489 0185 B592 19FE
 Obviously -thisaintpartofmyaddress- is not part of my real email address

>> PRIVACY DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files, sent by LENST e-mail system,
contains confidential and/or privileged information and is
intended only for the person or entity explicitely addressed and
only for the purposes therein set forth.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify the LENST
administrators immediately at postmaster at lenst.det.unifi.it.