Pseudo_IBSS mode issues

Anand R nganandr
Mon Dec 13 16:05:56 PST 2004

Hi -
  I'm trying to setup an Ad-Hoc network. I'm trying to
avoid the BSSID-partitioning problem by setting the
card in pseudo_ibss mode. I'm using the following 2
commands to do this:
prism2_param wlan0 ptype 3
prism2_param wlan0 pseudo_ibss 1

I'm assuming these are the commands that I should be
using to set a card in pseudo_ibss mode. Correct me if
I'm wrong.

The commands work fine if all the nodes within radio
range are also in pseudo_ibss mode. But if there is
some other node nearby with the same SSID, but NOT in
pseudo_ibss mode, then the command does not seem to
set the card in pseudo_ibss mode.

I would like the nodes in pseudo_ibss mode not to get
affected by other nodes that may be misconfigured (and
hence not in pseudo_ibss mode).

Here are the details of the card/firmware and driver
I'm using:
2511 MP PLUS: 802.11b miniPCI Card
(http://www.netgate.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_34&products_id=29)
Firmware:
Output from hostap_diag:
NICID: id=0x8013 v1.0.0 (PRISM II (2.5) Mini-PCI (SST
parallel flash))
PRIID: id=0x0015 v1.1.1
STAID: id=0x001f v1.7.4 (station firmware)

HostapDriver version = 0.1.2

Please help.

Thanks,
Anand