Quick question: HostAP using Linksys WUSB11 v 2.5?

Eric Pretorious eric
Mon Dec 13 14:45:42 PST 2004

On Thursday 09 December 2004 04:06 pm, AP-Research wrote:
>> I apologize for being so lazy but I'm looking for an answer "straight
>> from the horse's mouth": Is it possible to use a Linksys WUSB11 v 2.5 with
>> HostAP to create an AP? According to the WLAN Adapter Chipset Directory
>> (http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz) this adapter uses
>> the Prism2/2.5/3 chipset.
>
>I believe the answer is still no... see the following thread:
>
>http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2004-June/006995.html

Drat!

My motherboard's two PCI slots are already in-use and all I have left are USB slots. Is there any other alternative that will allow me to create AP using a USB adapter?

--
Eric P.,
Sunnyvale, CA