wpa-supplicant.conf Question

Nick Ellson grimm
Mon Dec 13 07:51:57 PST 2004

Jouni,

I was not aware of the functionality, or lack there of, in the prism54
code. I am also not exactly clear on the different between WPA-EAP and
IEEE8021X. I know that I need to use MSChapV2 and not certs or PSK's.

I do not look forward to digging into the X-Supplicant stuff again, the
WPA-Supplicant looked a lot easier to configure.

I have not tried the idea of using the NDIS wrapper for the windows
driver. Would going this route make it easier, or doable, with the
WPA-supplicant code? Or is IEEE8021X all I am really looking for to get
authenticated security?

Nick

--
Nick Ellson