Two hostap access points in the same computer

Dan Searle dan
Fri Dec 10 01:00:53 PST 2004

Hi,

Friday, December 10, 2004, 8:51:16 AM, you wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2004, at 10:39 PM, Dan Searle wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Thursday, December 9, 2004, 11:00:41 PM, you wrote:
>>
>>> Right, it works if you're close-by, somewhat.
>>
>> Close? I have a router with 5 radios in it, all right next to each
>> other on the PCI bus, all the links are over 1Km, the links have been
>> up and passing traffic for about 6 months.

> Are they heavily loaded?

Not really, probably about 10% usage.

> Care to explain (with simple math) *how* they work?

It would probably take me all day, so I won't bother to describe the
operation of a radio card from first principals, it's neither the time
nor the place to get into a "yes it does, no it doesn't" discussion.
They do the job, that's what matters.

--

Dan Searle
Adelix Ltd

Any views expressed in this email communication are those
of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of a member of Adelix Ltd.  Adelix Ltd. does not
represent, warrant or guarantee that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors or
interference.