Two hostap access points in the same computer

Dan Searle dan
Fri Dec 10 00:39:34 PST 2004

Hi,

> Right, it works if you're close-by, somewhat.

Close? I have a router with 5 radios in it, all right next to each
other on the PCI bus, all the links are over 1Km, the links have been
up and passing traffic for about 6 months.

> but try this:

> turn-up card #1, on, say, channel 1, as an AP
> go to range (farthest you can reach) with a notebook.   Run a
> throughput test.
> turn-up card #1, on, say, channel 6 or even channel 11
> go to range with a second notebook
> run simultaneous throughput tests

> explain why you don't get 2X the single notebook test.

Of cause there will be some interference, but so what?

Dan...