Question about set "test mode: monitor" in PRISM chip

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Dec 7 20:08:40 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 01:06:43AM +0800, David Liu wrote:

> 	I also tried to use the command "iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor" and
> use ethereal to dump all the received data. If I want to receive data from
> several BSS's ( maybe just from certain channel ) without 802.11 header
> added, it seems that the command  "monitor mode command:0b38" works.

All IEEE 802.11 data frames are sent with 802.11 header so it is not
being added by the monitor mode, it is just removed for the normal
operational mode.. Monitor mode is already using 0b38 test mode.