iwconfig trouble

capacity77 at tin.it capacity77
Fri Dec 3 09:14:12 PST 2004

Now my problem is: how can I uninstall the old driver? Once I installed
the linux-wlan-ng and when I inserted my wireless card, some modules got
loaded automatically but these modules are not what I need!
Is it enough to edit the /etc/modules.conf in order not to load this stuff?
(I'm afraid the right procedure is a little more complicated)

And one more question: if the hostap_cs (and his friend hostap) modules
get loaded, does it mean that the driver is working and controlling the
hardware or it just means that the driver is present in the system (but
nobody assure it's active)?

Always grateful for your precious help
Dom